How to choose the best personal email address (creative email address ideas)?
Tabla de Contenido
- How to choose the best personal email address (creative email address ideas)?
- 1) Choose a desired email service provider
- 2) Set a name you want to use as your email username
- 3) Using your profession
- 4) Add your education level
- 5) Add your workplace or hometown
- 6) Modify your name
- 7) A couple of email address ideas
- 8) Funny Email Address Ideas
- 9) How to choose a professional email address for common names?
- 10) Alternatives to the info@ email address
- 11) Alternatives to sales@email addresses
- How to get a professional email address with your domain?
- Things to avoid when choosing your email address
- Conclusion: The best creative email name ideas for business and common names.
Choosing a perfect email address is very necessary to maintain trust and create a good impression. In this era of digitalization, obtaining the desired email address is a to hard because almost 50% of the world’s population now has a dedicated email address.
I wonder how many email users there are in the world, According to statista. com, there were almost 4. 1 billion active email users in the world (in 2014) and the number is expected to increase to 5. 1 billion by the end of 2020, which means that obtaining your unique email address is almost impossible, regardless of the email naming tool you use.
That said, there is still a solution to easily obtain clean, professional-looking email identification.
1) Choose a desired email service provider
As I said, if you don’t want to invest in a professional domain, you need to register your email through email service providers like Gmail. com, Outlook. com, etc.
When choosing your desired email service providers, you should remember that choosing a popular service like Gmail will make it difficult for you to get your desired email name, while a less used service like Outloook may have your email name free to sign up for.
2) Set a name you want to use as your email username
Now that you have an email service provider, you should quickly focus on resolving 2 or 3 of your desired usernames. This will form the basis of our email address.
After that, you can rotate and use various cool email address ideas or email identification suggestions. This will make the job much easier than simply testing each username with the free options available and trying them out each time.
For example, you thought of CarlosArdila as your desired username.
Here’s why: This is necessary because many times you will have to verbally share your email username with friends, colleagues and they may share it more with their network. If the listener cannot get the exact spelling or mistakes it for a similar sound identification, they may lose their confidential emails to someone else, leaving them alone to waste time.
It is obvious that CarlosArdila would not be available to register immediately. So you can try the following simple email name ideas to match it.
- Reverse the order of names: This is maybe the best hack for creating email names that you can try. If CarlosArdila is busy, try ArdilaCarlos. Most of the time this is all you need to prove. Reverse names are the best email names because they still have the same meaning without luxury supplements.
- Use abbreviations: If the username trick in the email above doesn’t help, try using abbreviations from your username. Most of the time this wouldn’t be available, but if it is, you’re in luck. Try CArdila or ACarlos as your email address. Alternatively, you can try using a middle name (if you have one) to improve your game a bit.
- Don’t make it too long: Although long, usernames with words may seem like great ideas for email addresses but are hard to remember and can attract spelling errors
Here are some of the best free email name ideas for registered:
3) Using your profession
Adding your professional designation is still a better option than adding vague numbers.
Here are some examples of email address ideas where adding a profession can help you get the desired email username, even if your regular IDs are not available:
- CPCarlosArdila (if you are a CPA)
- DrCarlosArdila (if you are a doctor) or DocCarlosArdila CarlosArdilaAbogado (for lawyers)
- AVCarlosArdila (if you are a virtual assistant)
4) Add your education level
- CarlosArdilaMA (art teacher)
- CarlosArdilaMC (science teacher)
- CarlosArdilaDCD (perfect and easy to remember email name idea if you are a doctor of dental surgery)
5) Add your workplace or hometown
This may sound a bit unique but it’s a great way to create good email address names without having to bang your head against the wall. Simply add your hometown name or abbreviation to create a great and memorable email ID.
- CarlosArdilaDC (If you are from Washington DC)
- CarlosArdilaUK (still a better username than CarlosArdila2298QA)
6) Modify your name
If all that doesn’t work or your real name is too big for your email username, you can try another simple email address idea which is to modify yourself a little. Try truncating it to create a short form.
BillyJohnson can be easily created and converted into a short and sweet email address like BilJohnson.
Timothycruise can be easily converted into Timcruise (not TomCruise, XD).
The next few email naming ideas will make you laugh out loud. XD
7) A couple of email address ideas
Try these email name ideas for couples:
- Use your relationship status: You can use couples’ email addresses such as carlos@recien-casado. com or carlos@no-soltero. com. ( To get domain names like these you have to register custom domain names). See the next section for how to do this easily.
- Take her last name: If you take her last name as your last name, use it to create a new partner’s email address. For example, Sarita Agarwal when she marries Rajesh Goyal can make a new email id (saritaagarwalgoyal@gmail. com or something similar).
- Use your partner’s name as your domain: The true meaning of being taken arises when your partner masters your email name. Try to register domain names like Lori@Shanewatson. com or Shane@Lorithomson. com. (To do this, you must first purchase domains in both their names (for example, ShaneWatson. com and Lorithomson. com).
8) Funny Email Address Ideas
Looking for some fun email address ideas that add some element of fun? Here are some fun and cool email name ideas you might want to take. ( All suggestions for funny email names are fictional and the similarity to existing ones is only coincidental)
- Mayur Dikshit: Where Dikshit is a very popular surname in India and you could still break it down to form funny email addresses like MayurDikShit@example.com.
- Anu Spencer: could easily be a fun email address with a natural looking username combination where we use the first name and first letter of the last name making it firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a professional domain you can make fun of the big boys with your email names like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patricia Arty: Her college email was one of the greatest examples of fun email addresses you can find. I had a self-generated username that was email@example.com which is the complete opposite of what you would want to see in an email from a college student.
- You could give a twist to the superheroes and comic book characters by using the email name firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
I hope you liked the above list of fun and weird email address ideas. We could go below the lines but we didn’t want to. If you want ideas for more vulgar or adult email names, a quick search on Quora will get you there. It’s simply beyond the scope of our article.
9) How to choose a professional email address for common names?
Choosing a professional email address is much more difficult than choosing a simple personal email address. You need to create a commercial email address to make sure it is professional and doesn’t look like spam.
The best way to get your professional email address is to invest in a domain name (no more than $5 per year) because then you will look more professional and can use any username you want for different purposes.
When creating a professional email address in your own domain, you are free to choose any username you wish, even for your team members or a different one for each email purpose.
Examples of professional email addresses
- firstname.lastname@example.org to name a few.
10) Alternatives to the info@ email address
Are you looking for the best alternatives to the info@ email address for your business? Here are a lot of creative email address naming ideas to replace that boring email@example.com with something more appealing and more personalized. Let’s start:
- firstname.lastname@example.org: This is a great alternative to informational e-mail addresses if you are referring to your customers’ businesses. It is better than any of the typical information-based business email addresses.
- email@example.com: Another substitute for information-based addresses and a more personalized and attractive email username.
- You can also use any role-based email address for your customers and visitors, which defines who they will be in contact with.
11) Alternatives to sales@email addresses
Here are some more interesting and accessible sales email address alternatives you can use to make the process of signing up customers or visitors more accessible and easier.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: This is a very popular and professional alternative to sales email addresses for business people. You’re inviting them to talk and that’s what you should do instead of yelling SALES.
- email@example.com: This is a slightly narrower alternative but more focused on what you need with the client or saying what the client can expect from you. Here, it means the growth of your business or something similar. If you are a company or agency that is getting more visibility for its customers, you can use visibility@tudominio. com instead of the sales@ email address.
How to get a professional email address with your domain?
You can easily get a professional email address with your domain by simply registering your preferred domain name with one of the domain name registrars.
You can do it in 2 minutes using a service like Namecheap which is my preferred domain name registrar.
This is ideal if you only need one domain name to register a professional email address. But, in case you want to create your own website (or have plans to create a blog) you should register your domain name with a hosting company.
Another advantage of having a professional email address through your domain is that you don’t have to be clever in finding creative email names, you can choose any email address you want with your domain.
Things to avoid when choosing your email address
I hope you liked the best email name ideas and are ready to register your unique email name. But, before that, I would suggest avoiding these terrible email username mistakes when choosing an email address.
Email addresses, once registered, become permanent.
This is worst if you have distributed your email name with your friends, and business clients. Changing them often is not a good idea.
That’s where you need to make sure you follow best practices for email naming to avoid embarrassment. Here are some do’s and don’ts for getting the best email names:
Don’t use numbers:
The numbers in your email address should be the last thing you think about. Numbers make e-mail identification more awkward.
Don’t use random words:
Random words in movie phrases make your email address look funny. You may not intend to have an email ID for commercial purposes, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be a professional someday.
Don’t be flirtatious or use childish words:
Having an email name like CarlosDjMix or CarlosElMejor can not only embarrass you but can also look like spam.
Don’t use your couple name:
Some people out of love add their spouse’s name as CarlosShirley, which is great if you use the email address strictly to communicate with your partner. But other than that, it will create a bad impression when you share it with others.
Don’t use a meaningless or too short name:
If your email address is something like actCardila or constcasaArdila for your home building profession, no one will remember it. Also, typos can cause your email to arrive in someone else’s inbox.
Using an email name generator:
You may want to use an email name generator to get ideas, but often they will confuse you even more with combinations of useless usernames and nonsense words that will do more harm than good.
The reason is that when we are asked for a collection of carelessly selected words (such as cat, dog, flight, king, royalty, etc. ) our mind tends to get tangled up in them and no longer thinks about coming up with creative ideas for email names. And, you end up with something you’ll regret in the future.
Thus, avoid email name generators (free or paid) as much as possible.
Conclusion: The best creative email name ideas for business and common names.
I hope you liked our best email name ideas and had the idea of registering a unique email address for yourself. If this guide has helped you, kindly share it on your favorite social media platform.
Do you have any tips and tricks for email names that have worked for you? You’d like to suggest some great ideas for email names to our readers. Please leave a comment below and let’s discuss email naming best practices.